DESIGN AND CONFIGURATION TOOLS
SCMT & ERTMS Tools
NEAT has developed SW Tools that, starting from a CAD representation of the railway line, allow to design the trackside subsystems according to ERTMS and/or SCMT (the Italian NTC level) requirements.
These tools produce design output documents (AutoCAD and Excel format), configuration files (Balise, Encoder) and Test Case data using standard open format (e.g. SUBSET-112 XML), managing the whole SIL4 Data Configuration process.
Tools are configurable to be able to manage CAD representation related to different markets.
Tools are able to:
- Help the designer in checking the coherence of the information in the railway schematic plan in several CAD format (i.e. AutoCAD and MicroStation)
- Manage “user defined” libraries for the CAD object and extracts information according to specific design rules
- Calculate values for ERTMS variables in telegrams according to Baseline 2 / Baseline 3 version
These tools have been in use for more than 10 years.
- Multi-supplier interoperable
- 8 Generic Application have been assessed under CENELEC life-cycle
- 2 complete management (data preparation process definition and SW realization)
- 3 partial contribution (data preparation process definition and SW realization)
- 3 minor contribution (SW realization)
- 500,000 LOC of SIL0 code (design and verification tools)
- 22,000 LOC of SIL2 code (compare tools)
- 1000 railways scenarios for system test case
- 170 documents for data preparation process definition and SW realization
NEAT has developed RaIL-AiD (Railway Infrastructure and Layout Aided Designer) a modelling tool aimed to manage, in a powerful but simple way, all the different phases of the railway infrastructure design process.
RaIL-AiD speeds up the tedious and time-consuming operations of producing consistent railway drawings. It allows the user to quickly draw and equip railway track plans, and to easily check, import and export the relative objects properties in different formats (e.g. railML®, Subset 112, pdf, csv, html).
RaIL-AiD has been developed to be compliant to the following key concepts:
- User Friendliness
The data produced by our software can be used as an input for Interlocking, RBC and HMI configuration tools.
- Easy to use and completely customizable: just a few clicks to get a complex, fully equipped and error-free track layout
- Import/Export of standard file formats such as railML® offers complete and instant compatibility with a wide range of third-party applications
- Customizable user-friendly graphical interface allowing the user/tester to reuse the design task effort as a starting point for simulation purpose (e.g. CTC/HMI environment)
- Debug environment for a third-party app: the modular architecture allows the user to integrate dedicated modules that can be seamlessly incorporated into the program